Sunday, April 15, 2007

Catching up with an overeaching underachiever...

Let's see... where do we begin?
Surely SOMETHING has happened to keep me away from the Chronicles.

Was it the beginning of a new swim training program designed to increase my paddling power for surfing?

I mean, I am up to 40 laps on my way to an eventually 100 lap swim, but that's probably not it. Although, I will say - I've noticed that I am paddling a bit harder when I'm out in the surf.

Maybe it was the recent South swell we recently enjoyed here in SoCal?

I mean, I managed to get out and get some waves for three days last week, but I also managed to find myself at the office idling my time away turning stories on everything from "The Sopranos" to the legacy of Rolling Stone magazine and DC Comics' "Wonder Woman."

It could've been "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance," a fiendishly addictive game for the Playstation that has cost me more than 19 hours of my life -- and continues to plague me as I struggle to find the means to defeat the diabolical Dr. Doom in the game's final...

It might be the song-writing and musical experimentation I've been working on. With 2 songs completed and a third bubbling away on my hard-drive, the largely electronic (for now) project has certainly taken up quite a bit of my time -- but again, I've also managed to find time to eat and bathe, so it's not quite a Mozartesque effort.

Then again, it might be the books and comics that I've been busying myself with -- including Chuck Palahniuk's "Diary" and Warren Ellis' wildly cool "New Universal," but I also have a girlfriend, so I haven't quite fallen into uber-nerd territory (unless I'm already too lost in my own world to see the forest for the trees).

Of course, it might just be case of general laziness, but where would I find the time for that?

No comments: